Sunday, January 16, 2011

365 challenge -- the letter m {314}

Today's theme ... the letter mMoose, I finally shot a moose!  Today my husband and I traveled to Jackson, Wyoming for our annual winter photo safari.  We try and make it to Jackson several times a year and we have found that winter is the best time for wild life.  Over the past two years we have not been able to spot a moose.  Today, our first day in the area, we were able to see three!  Here are just a couple of the shots. (PS don't be surprised if the next few shots are from the same area.  So much fun stuff to see and shoot.)


 

11 comments:

  1. very good moosephotos. We have several of those around here but I never seem to have my camera around when they show up... seems to be almost as much snow as we have over there

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful, we don't have them downunder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific shots! I've lived in Canada for nearly 20 years and have only seen a moose once. But mine was swimming and I thought that quite a treat. They are amazing animals. I especially like the shot of your guy peeking out at you from the cover of trees.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you were finally able to see them! They are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So exciting to see a moose so close! Maybe she will come back in the spring with baby moose!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are great looking animals. I hope you only "shot" them with the camera :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so jealous...I have been trying to get a moose shot up in Colorado for years! What a wonderful capture, he is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love seeing animals from around the world that I'll never get to see in the wild. Though from everyone's comments they are elusive as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the second one especially. They look young.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What was Mother Nature thinking when she created a moose? They are such ungainly looking creatures. Love the expression on the second one's "face". It was probably thinking "A human, a human and I left my camera at home!"

    ReplyDelete